Beware of Wild Mushrooms

Even the most experienced shrumers can misidentify mushrooms from time to time. Nicholas Evans and family ended up in a London hospital after eating a batch of wild cooked mushrooms on a Scotland holiday.

Evans “The Horse Whisperer” is recovering in a hospital after eating poisonous mushrooms during a holiday in Scotland. Tests confirmed that some of the mushrooms included the highly toxic variety Cortinarius speciosissimus, which attacks the kidneys.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080902/ap_en_ot/people_evans

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *