Archives for September 2008

Beware of Wild Mushrooms

Even the most experienced shrumers can misidentify mushrooms from time to time. Nicholas Evans and family ended up in a London hospital after eating a batch of wild cooked mushrooms on a Scotland holiday. Evans “The Horse Whisperer” is recovering in a hospital after eating poisonous mushrooms during a holiday in Scotland. Tests confirmed that […]

FDA + cloned meat = consumer beware

and their offspring were as safe to eat as products obtained from traditional animals. Before then, farmers and ranchers had followed a voluntary moratorium that prevented the sale of clones and their offspring. “It is theoretically possible” offspring from clones are in the food supply, said Siobhan DeLancey, an FDA spokeswoman. What kind of a […]